Show your support for the festival! There are several ways to become more involved with Word Vancouver.
Become a Member
For $20, become a member of the Vancouver Book & Magazine Fair Society, producers of Word Vancouver. You will receive the coming year’s program via email and be invited to the Annual General Meeting. You can become a member anytime throughout the year or by visiting one of the Info Booths on Sunday at the festival.
Fill out the Membership Form and support this important literary festival!
Make a cash donation to support this free event. Just mail in your donation with your completed Donation Form or pay by credit card by clicking on the “Donate online” button in the right-hand column of our website. Tax receipts are available for donations over $20.
Word Vancouver gladly accepts contributions of goods and services, as well cash donations to help us keep this festival free and accessible to all.
Make a donation of goods and/or services to the silent auction. From restaurant gift certificates to show tickets to all manner of (new) valuable items, we’ll proudly display your donation in the library promenade on the big day.
Adopt an Author
Make a meaningful connection to Vancouver’s writing community. Your name will be associated with a lively cultural event aimed at promoting literacy, and you will receive a signed copy of your author’s book. This program was created as a way of fundraising for Word Vancouver; we need your help to ensure the festival is a success!
You get to choose an author at the festival to “adopt,” and you will receive acknowledgment of your adoption on our website, and before your author’s reading. You’ll also get a signed copy of their most recent book. A completed Author Adoption Form and cheque for $100 are all that are required. Either send the form and cheque by mail, or email the form to email@example.com and send $100 via Paypal (see link on the left side of this page). You can pick up your book at the festival to get it personally signed, or delegate us to have it signed on your behalf. Want to know which authors are up for adoption? Check out the list!
Word Vancouver is looking for partners in great organizations with a keen interest in community involvement. Attach your name to a piece of the festival action. We have various levels of sponsorship available to fit your budget. There are many ways to take advantage of what the festival has to offer for your own publicity and marketing campaign(s). Contact us about sponsorship benefits tailored to your marketing objectives.
Signature venues are featured prominently in the official program with photos, schedules, and event descriptions. Venue sponsors are invited to be involved; whether on-stage introducing an author or on hand to sample product, your company’s presence is as visible as you see fit. Sponsors are also encouraged to supply their own logo banners or signage.
Other Sponsorship Benefit Packages are available as well: you are invited to become a Presenting Sponsor, Corporate Partner, or Festival Supporter.
We’re interested in on-site sponsors too. From bottled juices and food for volunteers to printing services and beyond, if you can contribute to the festival, we’d love to hear from you.
Benefits of Sponsorship:
Not only will your company enjoy festival merchandise and the opportunity to participate in festival promotions; you will gain valuable exposure to a wide cross-section of visitors (approximately 25,000). Depending on the level of sponsorship, you could enjoy the following benefits:
- Your name/logo in the Official Program Guide (distribution of 10,000 to libraries, bookstores, and coffee shops during September and on-site)
- Your name/logo on promotional bookmarks (minimum 10,000)
- Your name/logo on posters (minimum 1,000)
- Your name/logo in the full-page ad during the week of the festival
- Your name/logo on Transit Shelter advertising throughout Vancouver (booking pending)
- Your name/logo on Festival Merchandise
- Your name/logo on jumbo posters displayed at participating bookstore windows during September (booking pending)
- Your name/logo included in media releases
- Logo & link on official website
- Corporate name identifying a Signiture Festival Venue in the program and on-site
- Corporate name included in TV and radio advertising
- Opportunity to exhibit, showcase products, sample items
- Advertisement benefits in our Official Festival Program Guide
- Acknowledgment from the stage during the Festival
- Acknowledgment on Festival Signage: two large “thank-you” signs in prominent locations at the festival
Federal Charitable #89896 1180 RR0001
BC Societies Act #S33376