Word Vancouver is a non-profit organization dedicated to uniting the country in a national annual celebration of reading and writing, highlighting the importance of literacy in the lives of all Canadians.
Become a Member
For $20, become a member of the Vancouver Book & Magazine Fair Society, producers of Word Vancouver. You will receive the coming year’s program via email and be invited to the Annual General Meeting. You can become a member anytime throughout the year or by visiting one of the Info Booths on Sunday at the festival.
Fill out the Membership Form and support this important literary festival!
Make a cash donation to support this free event. Just mail in your donation with your completed Donation Form or pay by credit card through PayPal by clicking on the “Donate” button in the right-hand column of our website. Tax receipts are available for donations over $20.
Word Vancouver gladly accepts contributions of goods and services, as well cash donations to help us keep this festival free and accessible to all.
Make a donation of goods and/or services to the silent auction. From restaurant gift certificates to show tickets to all manner of (new) valuable items, we’ll proudly display your donation in the library promenade on the big day.
Adopt an Author
Make a meaningful connection to Vancouver’s writing community. Your name will be associated with a lively cultural event aimed at promoting literacy, and you will receive a signed copy of your author’s book. This program was created as a way of fundraising for Word Vancouver, and we need your help to ensure that the program is a success.
You get to choose an author at the festival to “adopt,” and you will receive acknowledgment in the official festival program guide and a copy of the book. A completed Adopt an Author Registration Form and cheque for $100 is all that is required. You can pick up your book at the festival to get it personally signed, or delegate us to have it signed on your behalf.
Word Vancouver is looking for partners in great organizations with a keen interest in community involvement. Attach your name to a piece of the festival action. We have various levels of sponsorship available to fit your budget. There are many ways to take advantage of what the festival has to offer for your own publicity and marketing campaign(s). Contact us about sponsorship benefits tailored to your marketing objectives.
Signature venues are featured prominently in the official program with photos, schedules, and event descriptions. Venue sponsors are invited to be involved; whether on-stage introducing an author or on hand to sample product, your company’s presence is as visible as you see fit. Sponsors are also encouraged to supply their own logo banners or signage.
Other Sponsorship Benefit Packages are available as well: you are invited to become a Presenting Sponsor, Corporate Partner, or Festival Supporter.
We’re interested in on-site sponsors too. From bottled juices and food for volunteers to printing services and beyond, if you can contribute to the festival, we’d love to hear from you.
Benefits of Sponsorship:
Not only will your company enjoy Festival merchandise, access to the VIP lounge, and opportunity to participate in Festival promotions; you will gain valuable exposure to a wide cross-section of visitors (approximately 30,000). Depending on the level of sponsorship, you could enjoy the following benefits:
- Your name/logo in the Official Program Guide (distribution of 12,000 to schools, libraries, and bookstores during September and on-site)
- Your name/logo on promotional bookmarks (minimum 5,000)
- Your name/logo on posters (minimum 1,000)
- Your name/logo in the full-page ad during the week of the festival
- Your name/logo on Transit Shelter advertising throughout Vancouver (booking pending)
- Your name/logo on Festival Merchandise
- Your name/logo on jumbo posters displayed at participating bookstore windows during September (booking pending)
- Your name/logo included in media releases
- Logo & link on official website
- Corporate name identifying a Signiture Festival Venue in the program and on-site
- Corporate name included in TV and radio advertising
- Opportunity to exhibit, showcase products, sample items
- Advertisement benefits in our Official Festival Program guide
- Acknowledgment from Mainstage during the Festival
- Acknowledgment on Festival Signage: two large “thank-you” signs in prominent locations at the Festival
Federal Charitable #0892729-22.
BC Society Act #S33376.